Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's My First

Yup! I finally did it!

I waxed my first bear nose! LOL

I was so nervous....I mean I did all this work to create a bear and now I'm going to play with hot wax!!! And it's not like once you start you can change your mind....you must continue!!
So I did and I Love it!!!! And I think once I have more practice (and a little more faith in myself) I am going to do it all the time!

I hope you all agree!
Please meet Cutie Pie!!!!

She got named that cause that is what everyone said when they saw her...LOL...I want to add a bow or a flower around her neck but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Hugs

Kristina :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

9 comments:

Bramblewood Bears said...

cutie pie is exactly that...a cutie pie! And great job being brave...it sure paid off!
Blessings and Bear Hugs,
Tomi
Bramblewood Bears

Heather said...

How DO you wax a bear nose?

I want to try this myself... but I'm a bit scared!

Cheryl said...

Cutie Pie is wonderful and you did a great job waxing her nose!
Warmly,
Cheryl
www.binglebears.com

Laura said...

Cutie Pie is adorable! And you did a wonderful job waxing her nose. I'm building up my confidence to take a try at it. Do tell, which technique did you use? It really came out great!!!
Hugs,
Laura

KRISTINA said...

Thanks Tomi! You do need to be brave to do it..heehee....at least the first time cause I had know idea what I was doing..LOL

KRISTINA said...

Hi Heather. I purchased the nose wax from Sassybears and Fabrics. I found a tutorial on how to and then I bit the bullet and gave it a whirl. Allbear has a great tutorial on her blog. I was so scared as well!

KRISTINA said...

Thank so much Cheryl!!!

KRISTINA said...

Laura I painted my wax on the nose and then used a blow dryer. I bought a candle wax warmer and slowly melted the wax in a jar then I painted it on, then used the hair dryer to melt the wax again in the nose..but just a little heat at a time. I was worried it would glob all over the place. I also used some blue painters tape and placed that around his nose to protect her face.
Hope that helps.

Laura said...

Thanks, Kristina! I really want to try this. Just need to brave-up some more.
Hugs,
Laura